Building stronger ties with Global Fortune 500 petrochemical company Formosa Plastics Group in Taiwan
Rieckermann’s Taiwanese Oil & Gas representatives recently participated in the Formosa Plastics Green Chemistry Workshop in Taiwan to strengthen their connection with the Formosa Plastics Group. A Taiwan based entity, Formosa Plastics is a growing, vertically integrated supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals.
The workshop focused on renewable and environmentally friendly technologies for the epoxy industry offered by Rieckermann’s partner Kanzler Verfahrenstechnik GmbH (KVT). KVT is an international process engineering company operating right across the board. The technologies presented on this occasion included:
- EPIPROVIT – closed-loop technology for epichlorohydrin production
- SEABRINE – industrial wastewater treatment
- THERMOX & CHLOROX – industrial waste gas treatment
- OXYSULF – sulfuric acid recovery
- EPIPROVIT+ – fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP) recycling & alternative for bisphenol A (BPA)
- OLEOSOFT – bio-plasticizer
The workshop was attended by a total of 20 participants from the executive management team of Nan Ya Plastics, a subsidiary of the Formosa Plastics Group. Also present were the Vice Plant Manager of Formosa Plastics and the Assistant Vice President.
The workshop took place on March 15, 2023 at the Illume Hotel, Taipei, and was jointly organized between Rieckermann and KVT. Participating on behalf of Rieckermann were their head of Taiwan operations and the local sales manager.